Sunday, June 25, 2017

Aunt Carrie- A Heritage Card Featuring Isabella Frame And Isadora Trinkets Dies From Amazing Paper Grace

Happy Sunday my lovely friends! I'm here today to share a new card made with the lovely Isabella Frame and Isadora Trinkets dies that are a part of the new Venise Lace Collection by Becca Feeken.

 I wanted to make a vintage collage type card and since the Venise Lace collection is all about lace, I decided to cut my dies from cotton muslin. First, I ran my muslin square through my Xyron to make the entire back sticky so I wouldn't have to use a liquid glue on fabric. I realized that was a mistake as soon as I peeled the backing off: the entire piece wanted to stick to itself! Ugh! I ended up applying the muslin to card stock and then die cutting it. Perfect! It was stiff enough to handle. I gave the pieces an aged look by applying tea stain Distress Ink using a sponge dauber. As I was swirling the ink, the muslin began to fray a bit, lending an even more antique look.

I started collecting antique photographs a few years ago. They are so fascinating! I wonder about the people in these photos, who they were, where they lived and who they loved. This particular photo has  'Aunt Carrie' written on the back, so at least we know her name! I embellished the large lace piece made from Isadora Trinkets with a vintage rhinestone earring from my vintage jewelry collection. I pick up lots of old jewelry in online auctions and vintage shops in my local area.They make great embellishments for vintage style projects. The "cherish" sticker is from Tim Holtz's Chit Chat stickers.

I hope I've done well by Aunt Carrie by making her into a piece of art for someone to enjoy! I hope you've enjoyed your visit as well! Have a lovely week and see you again soon!


4 comments:

  1. Kristi, I love the look you achieved by using muslin on your vintage card. The effect is so vintage! Great job.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for all the hints. But if the xyron didn't work, what did you use to adhere the Muslim to your cardstock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running the muslin fabric through the Xyron machine was genius! What a creative use of such a plain fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kristi, what a stunning card. Love the die and the beautiful vintage earring, it gives it such a special touch, like it belonged to the beauty in the picture.
    Have a wonderful 4th of July!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...